Tuesday 26 January 2010

Mr. Whitacre's press conference

I left work yesterday and rushed home specifically to watch the press conference live on GMtv.I had sent the link as we are unable to view this at Saab.
Fresh coffee in place I eagerly waited for the 17.30 slot.This had to be it.
After a day of positive reports started by SVt's RAPPORT this was the news SAAB fans the world over had been waiting for.........SAAB had been sold to Spyker...........WRONG !!!

This was not the press conference subject matter at all. This was a typical back slapping what a great team GM is type of Press conference.

I have to say at this point that I am not a great fan of Mr. Whiticare, his mannerism's and his style .........then who am I to judge.
I tried to count how many times he mentioned what a great leadership team he had around him but was distracted by two of my kids and gave up at somewhere between 11 and 13.

Strangely enough a song from the musical ' EVITA' came into my head. I have no idea why but over and over again I kept thinking " oh what a circus , oh what a show ".

Circus pretty much describes this whole situation.

Over the last 2 or 3 months I have not seen my colleagues as positive as they were yesterday afternoon.....The deal was DONE !!, plans were being made, we could move forward with determination and speed.
As the afternoon progressed it became quite clear that SVt's article was far from accurate. The Swedish government very quickly came out with statements denying that they had approved the EIB loan guarantee's.......What a bummer !!!

A note to SVT
Yesterday due to sensationalism and inaccurate reporting the emotions of thousands of people once again travelled the roller coaster ride just as they thought they could get off.Pretty poor taste I would say.

Today I guess we will travel a similar journey

No comments:

Post a Comment