Monday 25 January 2010

The SAAB Community and a great weekend

At first glance the titles are not linked but indeed odly enough they are.

First to the weekend which as I mentioned on Friday was my birthday weekend .

My wife had farmed out the kids and the dogs ( 3 of each ) and took me to a surprise spa weekend atVarberg a resort on the south west Swedish coast.
( Thankyou Lena it was wonderful !! )

I can most definately recommend it.

A couple of very relaxing treatments later combined with saunas, etc. great food and drink ( you know the type of thing ) I returned home having not read a newspaper looked at TV or logged into mail.
I was news-less and totally relaxed.
It was not only the spa treatment but the resolute refusal to think or worry about SAAB and the future.

Naturally as soon as I returned hope on went the computer scanning for the latest ...........Shame on me !!

That takes me to the " SAAB Community "

I logged into mail both private and SAAB's and was absolutly astounded that I had received birthday greetings both from old freinds and past colleagues but also people who I had never met and am not likely to. An enormous amount. For which I am extremely apreciative.
Thankyou very much indeed.

The reason that I highlighted this is that the main thread in the greetings were " fingers crossed " and " good luck "

Was the meaning fingers crossed and good luck that I would survive my birthday.
Of course not it was for SAAB, that the iconic brand itself had created a common cause ..a community.........The SAAB community.......My Community

News this morning is so positive that the champagne is getting colder. Lets wait and see shall we.

Rumour has it that a Spyker car was spotted at the museum yesterday.

Both Spyker and GM are in Stockholm.

Today I am going to keep my fingers crossed and figure out the subject matter for the next blog. Clearly it can be nothing to do with saving SAAB.......If the deal goes through.

OKSAAB

No comments:

Post a Comment