Wednesday 27 January 2010

Now the campaign begins

This is truly FANTASTIC news and I cannot find enough adjectives to describe how I feel.
I watched the press conference from Stockholm live and was enormously impressed with the commitment and passion of both Jan Åke and Victor Muller

I received a number of mails yesterday evening including one from the RESCUE SAAB.COM
campaign.
Having heard the news this morning I was a little surprised.

The mail headline was " Saab Rescued-Mission accomplished ". I guess that I understand their message but in my book the " Mission " has only just begun.

The mission is now to turn the tide of negativity surrounding SAAB. To challenge the Swedish analysts and pundits who as was on the news this morning questioning Saab's long term viability.They gave SAAB 2-3 years at most.
What are these people like !!!!
As I mentioned in an earlier blog edition, the Swedish media have no idea how to be positive and supportive.

My son who is 10 years old is pretty smart.

At exactly 17.33 he called me on my mobile as I was on my way to a course that I am taking.
" Your job is safe you do not have to worry anymore , Saab is sold to Spyker "

I had not realized that he was even really aware of the situation we as a family were facing. Clearly I underestimated him. He had heard the discussions, he was listening to the news and in all probability understood to some extent that closing Saab whould have some impact on his life too.

The campaign begins in earnest.
To launch and develop new vehicles, move faster and more efficiently and more importantly to challenge the media.Improve the brand image and sell more Saab's.

For those supporters out there who have campaigned so hard to " SAVE SAAB " ( for which we will be eternally grateful )

Keep the nostalga in the garage and take them out on fine sunny days.

Order your new SAAB from your dealer now !!! and encourage your BMW / AUDI freinds to do the same !!! -

OKSAAB

1 comment:

  1. You're right, the work has just begun.

    And never underestimate your kids. I know that myself.

    Hope we Saab nuts can contribute to a positive image for Saab in the future.

    till72

    ReplyDelete